Monday, December 21, 2009

Lowry Letter 2009

Here is our family Christmas Letter for 2009.
I didn't get it in the mail this year, so I thought I'd post it here.

Lowry Letter 2009

I started to write a traditional Christmas letter with details about each of our children, and how we are so busy and how we are loving life. But this year, it just seemed so….unnecessary. Just like your kids, our children (Corbin 6, Eliza 4, & Solomon 1) are the most wonderful, the smartest, the cutest, and are the joy of our lives. We love our family dearly, and feel that our journey in this life would not be complete without them. But through awesome technology of email, Facebook, blogs, texting and cell phones, I feel like most of you probably already have heard all about my children’s accomplishments throughout the year.

So where does that leave us? I think the only thing left is to express the feelings of the heart. To tell the truths that perhaps forums like Facebook don’t adequately allow.

This is my favorite time of year. It is a time when hearts are turned to Christ and feelings of kindness and charity are abundant. As we put out our crèches and ornament the tree, the story of the baby Jesus becomes the center of our holiday. As we celebrate His birth, not just because he was born, and not just because he died, but because of the true miracle of his resurrection, somewhere deep inside us we become closer to Him.

Even Santa Clause reminds me of the true spirit of Christmas. St. Nicholas and his gift giving spirit help me to give gifts from the heart. It reminds me to share with

those that are less fortunate. Santa never receives a gift, he only gives. What an incredible example of love and kindness.

Quinn and I often reflect on the wonderful blessing in our lives. And when the pressures of the world creep in and tell us we don’t have enough or earn enough, all we need do is count our blessings. We suddenly remember that we have more than enough. More than most.

Whether you and I have the same beliefs or differ in our holiday traditions, I encourage you to find the spirit of charity and love that this season offers. May we all show our love to our families more, enjoy the sweetness of dear friendships, and live our lives more fully.

Merry Christmas!

With love,

Whitney, Quinn, Corbin, Eliza and Solomon Lowry

Trinidad Beach (Trinidad, CA) August 2009

2 comments:

becca said...

Now THAT was a Christmas letter. I am touched by your testimony, Whitney. Thank you for sharing it. I need to check this blog more often!!!

PS. I want to see you in your skinny jeans!!!

beckymca77 said...

I agree with what Becca said! Here it is the middle of January 2010 and I only just now got to reading your Christmas letter! Man!
Anyway~ Lots of love to you Whitney!! It's always good to hear from you. I love how you share the spirit of Christmas all the time- wherever you go.